Social networks have become a part of today's culture. This constantly growing trend has made its way into the lives of millions of people who now use these sites on a daily basis. The networking sites once meant for specific purposes, business profiles, school experiments, etc, have become a global phenomenon. As a daily user of networking sites such as Facebook and Twitter, I can honestly say I do not remember why I was ever on the internet for long periods of time before these sites were created. Networking is now part of our lifestyle. People are curious. Websites like facebook give people the opportunity to peek into another person's life through their profile.
Social networking sites are now important tools in spreading news or messages. It's a great way to get people to support a cause or attend an event. Even schools have begun to integrate spcial networking websites into their classes.
I think this is a smart move considering high school and college students spend the majority of their internet surfing on one of these websites. If teachers can make some of their work accessible through these sites, the students may be more likely to do it since it is a website they would be visiting anyway.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment