Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Web Design

As this chapter says, it is important to state information in an organized fashion. Information should be clear and simply stated. I find navigating websites to be one of the most important aspects to look at. Wed designers should make sure everything makes sense when putting all of this information together. There should be a certain flow to how and where the information is placed on a website. Personally I prefer websites with a hierarchical design. The scaffolding effect will allow those visiting the website to understand the depth of the subject. They will find everything from general background information all the way to small specified topics.

I live in Bonnet Shores in Narragansett, RI. We have mentioned in class that this website is a mess. I have become frustrated many times attempting to navigate this site. Another poorly designed website is www.miauk.com this is the website for music artist MIA. the site is too bright, with too many graphics on the home page. It makes me want to leave the site very quickly. Yet another poorly designed website is www.unofficialroyalty.com. This website was originally pretty well designed however it was renovated and unfortunately has downgraded. The site is boring. The font is small, the titles do not stand out. The first thing you see when visiting the page is a box with the word "DONATE" in it with a list of credit cards they accept. People do not want to immediately see that a website wants money. This was a bad design idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment